S’mores Cookie Bars11 Oct 2021, Posted by Chris' Corner in
Whether you went camping, sat around a backyard fire pit or roasted marshmallow over a grill, most people have a nostalgic feeling when eating S’mores. It is one of the few hands on desserts that kids of all ages can participate in. Roasting marshmallow then making a sandwich of graham cracker and chocolate was one of my favorite activities when I was a kid, and I enjoy it even more now with my girls.
The recipe below is straight forward and easy to do. The S’mores Cookie Bar blends the chocolate chip cookie with a blondie and a s’mores treat. This dessert is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup mini marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees Convection (375F degrees Conventional)
- Whip butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together on medium speed with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, incorporate the egg and egg yolk.
- Add the vanilla extract while still on low speed.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, corn starch, instant coffee, salt, and baking soda
- Slowly add the flour mix while on low speed.
- Add chocolate chips on medium follow by the crushed graham crackers.
- Flatten the dough into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Evenly space the marshmallows on top of the dough.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes Convection (16-18 Conventional) or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool fully (about 20 min)